A basic, simple and speedy recipe to make delicious rasam, it is fundamental dish in south Indian meal. It is normally served for rice or vegetable side dish but it can likewise be filled in as a soup. This south Indian recipe needs no rasam powder and no dal.
Prepare time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min Ready in: 25 min
- Oil(నూనె)- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds(జీలకర్ర)
- Curry leaves(కరివేపాకు)
- Red chilly(ఎరుపు మిరప)
- Mustard Seeds(ఆవ గింజలు)
- Fenugreek Seeds(మెంతులు)
- Take a pan or pot heat it for 4 to 5 sec and add 1/4 table spoon fenugreek seeds,1 red chilly,1/2 table spoon pepper, 1 tablespoon cumin,roast them until fenugreek seeds change their aroma. Turn off your stove and cool it and grind them as a fine powder in a mixture. Keep it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in a hot pot, add 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds,1/2 spoon jeera,1red chilly, 3 0r 4 crushed garlic and some curry leaves.
- After 2 or 3 mins add 1 or 2 cups of chopped tomatoes and 1/2 spoon turmeric. stir well until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add powder from step 1 stir it and wait for 2 to 3 mins, Pour water of 2 to 3 glasses.
- Add tamarind , jaggery or (sugar) and salt as per your requirement.
- Boil it for 10 to 15 min in low flame after that add some chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Serve the tasty rasam for rice or as a soup.