Millet is utilized like a grain however it is in fact a seed. This makes it normally sans gluten. It is the most soluble of all grains. It has much more fiber than earthy colored rice and has been utilized to assist with sugar cravings. Lemon millet rice is a fast millet dish that is solid, scrumptious, and sustaining to the body.
- ½ cup kodo millet / varagu/ arikelu
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt as needed
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil (use as needed)
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp chana dal
- 1 to 1 ½ urad dal
- Handful of peanuts or cashews split (use as needed)
- Pinch of hing/ asafoetida
- 1 green chili slit
- 1 red chilli broken
- ? tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 Medium to large lemon (use as needed)
- Cook the millet and keep it to the side. Extra cooked millet can likewise be utilized.
- Now, squeeze the lemon in it, add salt and blend it well.
- Take a pan for tadka and heat it for 1 minute.
- Add oil and whenever it is warmed well, add peanuts and let it fry for 2 minutes. In case you are utilizing broiled peanuts, you can add them finally. Else peanuts set aside some effort to cook, so add it toward the start.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Hing, urad dal, chana dal, slitted green bean stew, red bean stew, curry leaves, and turmeric powder. Fry everything for a couple of moments till they are simmered well.
- Presently add sesame seeds and let them fry briefly and turn off the stove.
- Once the tadka is cooled down, add this to the millet combination and blend it pleasantly.
- Lemon millet rice is prepared to serve. It will be a decent breakfast or lunch thing.