Idli is a popular south Indian dish made with idli Rava and urad dal. We show you how to make idli in a very detailed manner.
- Urad Dal - 1 cup
- Idli Rava - 2 cups
- Take a bowl and soak 1 cup of urad in water for 4 hours.
- Take another bowl and soak 2 cups of idli rava in water.
- After 4 hours drain off the water from urad dal and move dal into grinder or blender.
- Blend it softly like smooth batter if requires add water at the time of blending.
- Take off the batter from blender into separate bowl.
- Now drain off the water from idli rava, rinse it 1 or 2 times then squeeze water from it and add this idli rava to that batter which we take off from the blender.
- Mix well until they combined like one batter .
- Now rest it for 7-8 hours to ferment.
- After 8 hours if the batter doubles then it is well fermented. Mix well and store it in a fridge.
How to make idli
- Take some batter into bowl and add salt(as required) to it and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into idli plates by using spoon.
- Put these plates in the steamer and steam it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Check after 15 or 20 min if it is finely steamed or not after that off the stove.
- Wait 5 mins and serve the idli into plates.
- Serve with chutney or sambar.