Dhokla is steamed and is mixed with enhanced water. Various assortments of dhokla and khaman dhokla exist. Khaman is a steamed appetizing cake made with chana dal and curd. It is considerably thicker than a dhokla however of dhokla and khaman dhokla are steamed. A great deal of times dhokla is mistaken for khaman dhokla as well as the other way around.
- Besan or Gram flour - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt - 3/4 tbsp
- Lemon juice
- Ginger paste
- Mustard Seeds
- Green chilies
- Baking Soda
- Butter paper
- Curry leaves
- Take a steamer, Add water to the steamer, cover it, and boil water for some time like 5to 6 mins. Then again you can put a ring into a Kadai and utilize a top that covers the Kadai totally.
- Apply oil to Kadai on the sides. Place a piece of round butter paper on the bottom and keep it aside.
- For the batter filter gram flour (besan) in a bowl. Sprinkle salt and turmeric onto it. Mix water, curd, sugar, green stew glue, ginger paste, and oil. Pour ¾ of this over the besan. Mix the batter one way for around 5 minutes. This will make the batter light and fluffy.
- Whenever you have stirred up the batter add lemon squeeze and baking soda.
- Blend them tenderly one way and kept them aside tight for 30 secs. Pour the batter inside the prepared form and spot it in the steamer right away.
- Cover and cook the dhokla for around 30mins. After 30mins turn off the hotness and let the dhokla be covered in the steamer for 10min.
- Meanwhile, we will prepare the seasoned syrup. Heat a container and pour oil, add mustard seeds and when they pop include cut green chillies alongside curry leaves. Throw them briefly. Add water, sugar, salt and lemon juice. Heat to the point of boiling and remove from heat.
- Presently cautiously eliminate the form from the steamer and let it cool a little (not totally). Run a knife at the edges of the dish and eliminate the dhokla cautiously onto a plate or platter.
- Pour the syrup over the dhokla and let the dhokla absorb the syrup totally. Ensure that the temperature of syrup and dhokla ought to be Lukewarm (both).
- Remain it for 10mins and afterward serve them, you can also place them in a fridge for 2 hours then serve it.