Potato Bonda is also called urulaikizhangu bonda otherwise called batata vada is a pan-fried scrumptious tidbit arranged with potatoes and chickpea flour hitter. It tends to be had as a canapé or as a lunchtime nibble. Today we will figure out how to make potato bondas step by step following this simple formula.
- Potato - 4
- Turmeric Powder -1/4 tbsp
- Green chilli - 1 or 2
- Salt as required
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts -5-6 chopped
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice – a few drops
For the Batter
- Gram flour/besan/kadalai mavu - 3/4 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Cooking soda or baking soda - a pinch
- Hot oil - 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Cook potatoes in pressure cooker for 3 whistles. When the pressure slow down, open the cooker. Peel the skin of the potatoes and crush it.
- Finely slash onion and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a dish, saute cashew nuts until brilliant brown and eliminate it from container.
- In a similar container, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add hing, curry leaves, onion, green stew and saute until onions turn straightforward. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add the mashed potatoes, cashew nuts, blend well and switch off the flame.
- Topping with finely hacked coriander leaves and keep it to the side to cool. When it cools, add 3-4 drops of lemon squeeze and blend well.
- In a bowl, combine as one gram flour, rice flour, stew powder, salt and baking salt.
- Add water little at a time so that the batter is neither lose nor excessively thick. It ought to be of covering consistency. Add a tsp of hot oil to it and blend well. This is the bonda batter.
- Fill the potato blend similarly and make balls out of it.
- Presently dip 3-4 potato balls in the pre-arranged batter in such a way it is very much covered on every one of the sides.
- Heat oil in a kadai, drop a little drop of player into the oil, in the event that it raises to the surface promptly, the oil is prepared to fry.
- Lessen the hotness to medium and drop 3-4 of the player covered potato balls into the oil.
- Try not to upset for the initial couple of moments, then, at that point, mix, flip it over and fry until it becomes brilliant brown.
- Remove them from oil. Place it in a tissue papper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve aloo bondas with coconut chutney, green chutney or ketchup.