Cabbage poriyal and cabbage kootu are commonly prepared dishes with cabbage but very few prepare chutney with cabbage. So I made this easy cabbage chutney. It tasted yummy with dosa and idli.
- Cabbage chopped - 1/2
- Green chilli - 3
- Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 3
- Salt as per taste
- Curry leaves
- Urad dal - 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- First, finely cut and wash the cabbage.
- Presently take it in a bowl, include some salt and keep it to the side. This helps overflow out the fluid from it. (you can avoid this assuming you approve of the smell of cabbage)
- In the mean time, take a skillet and hotness oil in it.
- When the oil is hot include mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, fry them until they become light brilliant brown
- When they become earthy colored include fenugreek, curry leaves, green chilies, red chilies, garlic cloves, tamarind and saute for 3 minutes.
- Presently switch off the hotness, move the combination into a plate or bowl and allow it to sit to cool.
- Presently take the cabbage, crush out the fluid and keep to the side
- Take a similar skillet, warm and place in the cabbage gradually and fry until dry.
- Whenever it is singed well, switch off the hotness and move it to a plate and permit it to cool
- In the mean time, take a blender container, add dal combination and toil until the fine powder. Just sit back and relax on the off chance that you don't get fine powder consistency, it will get stirred up once when we include the cabbage.
- Whenever it is chilled off, put it in a similar blender container with dal powder, salt and crush into a fine glue by adding little water whenever required.
- Presently heat oil in a container and put the fixings referenced under for treating in a steady progression and fry.
- Dole out the chutney into a bowl and pour the treating on it and blend well
- Serve this Cabbage Chutney/Cabbage Pachadi with Idli, Dosa or even Hot Rice with ghee.